Under direction of the Chief Financial Officer, The ALM & Budget has responsibility for preparation of the Bank’s three year strategic plan, the Bank’s capital plan and oversight and creation of the annual budget for the Bank.
- Responsible for the creation of all monthly and quarterly ALCO reports.
- Responsible for pre-purchase analysis on investment securities and post purchase analysis.
- Responsible for the quarterly Other Than Temporary Impairment analysis of the investment portfolio, as well as required credit risk management of the non-agency collateralized mortgage obligations, municipal bond and corporate bond portfolio.
- Quarterly interest rate risk modeling and compliance reporting with Board ALCO, including Interest Rate Risk, Contingency Liquidity and Investment Policy. Insure that the Bank's ALM practices are robust, including semi-annual interest rate risk model back tests are completed, annual deposit and loans stress tests are completed, that alternative interest rate scenario tests are run at least annually. That model assumptions are formally documented.
- Maintain and update the Bank’s ALM policies, including liquidity, investments, interest rate risk, brokered deposits and capital policies annually.
- Responsible for the annual budget process including the one year operating budget and the three year strategic plan.
- Perform other duties and special projects as needed and assigned.
- At least 7 years experience in Asset Liability Management
- BA or MBA preferred
- Previous experience in interest rate risk management and budgeting for a bank
- Knowledge of bank regulatory issues and experience with such agencies as the Federal Reserve Bank, Department of Business Oversight and the FDIC
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Team player and Self-starter
- Require the ability to be flexible and work independently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Present professional image and work well in a team environment
- The ability to cross sell bank’s products and services to existing clients as well as prospects, growing new profitable relationships by referring opportunities to other parts of the company
Back To Career